For some reason, you’re always tired. Chalk it up to life's cruelty, I guess.
No matter how hard you try to get eight hours a night, you just can’t get past that endless haze of sleepiness. You've tried caffeine, exercise, naps, changing your routine, etc. but nothing does the trick.
Here are some signs that it's time to stop fighting and just admit that you're destined to spend your life in bed:
- You wake up exhausted every day no matter when you went to bed.
- When you see pretty much any flat(-ish) surface, you get the urge to take a mini nap on it.
- Somehow, hot showers and air-conditioned rooms both make you sleepy.
- Coffee makes you shake but doesn’t really wake you up. You know this, but you still drink it and hope for the best.
- In your perfect world, mornings would start at 1 pm.
- You wish naptime was a thing for adults.
- You can only date fellow almost-narcoleptics.
- Getting anywhere on time is impossible since those last few minutes of sleep are precious and...
- You always stay in bed until the last possible second.
- No parties for you, weekends are dedicated to sleeping. If you are somehow dragged out to a party, you'll probably just fall asleep on a couch.
- When everyone else is going out for drinks after work, you’re rushing home to get in bed.
- Actually, no matter what the circumstance, you’re rushing home to get in bed.
- Alcohol is the enemy. A glass of anything will knock you right out, but you kinda don’t mind because alcohol induced sleep feels pretty good.
- Your bed is basically heaven, so everything else pales in comparison.
I'd congratulate you for staying awake long enough to finish reading this article, but you and I both know you’re about to go back to bed anyway.