From the very first Halsey song I heard, I fell in love with the heartbreak in her voice. Her lyrics put words to the pain and emotions I never knew could be vocalized.
It's almost like she's singing directly to my broken heart.
1. "Oh, you make me feel so weak. I bet you kiss your knuckles right before they touch my cheek. But I've got my mind made up this time, 'cause there's a menace in my bed, can you see his silhouette?" — Trouble
2. "I was as pure as a river, and now I think I'm possessed. You put a fever inside me, and I've been cold since you left." — Haunting
3. "So I'm sorry to my unknown lover, sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really starts to fall in love with me." — Sorry
4. "I won't take anyone down if I crawl tonight, but I still let everyone down when I change in size. And I went tumbling down tryna reach your high, but I scream too loud when I speak my mind." — Devil in Me
5. "Cause nobody seems to ask about me anymore. And nobody seems to care about anything I think. Nobody seems to recognize me in the crowd, in the background screaming everybody look at me!" — Angel on Fire
6. "All I do is cry and complain, because second's not the same." — Is There Somewhere
7. "I can't stop thinking that I almost gave you everything. And now the whole thing's finished, and I can't stop wishing that I never gave you anything." — 100 Letters
8. "I promised myself I wouldn't let you complete me." — Is There Somewhere
9. "Your laugh echoes down the highway, carves into my hollow chest, spreads over the emptiness, it's bliss." — Drive
10. "You were red, and you liked me 'cause I was blue. But you touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn't for you." — Colors
For more articles by this author, please click here.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax