Just because you see her in a certain way doesn't mean that she can look in the mirror and smile. It's more complicated than you know, then you will ever know.
Because the girl who's a work in progress, the girl who is trying to find happiness within her own heart loves differently than anyone you've ever met.
But she also loves deeper than most people, and for that you should be thankful.
Here's a few things you need to remember when you're falling for the girl who doesn't like herself all the time.
1. She's smart but she doesn't have everything figured out all the time.
2. She's going to need more time to trust you. More time to fall in in love with you.
3. She's not just a concept, she's a person and just like everyone else, she's flawed.
4. Don't put too much pressure on her because she doesn't handle someone needing her all that well.
5. She knows herself, she's just still working out the kinks. Don't assume she's going to wake up everyday and feel the same.
6. While she's trying, she's not as put together as you imagine her to be.
7. She wants it to work out, she just knows that whatever happens, she's going to have to live with it.
8. She's not confident. She has to build herself up everyday and she doesn't want to rely on you to do that for her.
9. She has a past. There are parts of her that she wants to forgive and forget. Don't rush it.
10. She wants you more than you know. Don't confuse her slight insecurities for a response to what you do. It's not about you.
The bottom line is that the girl who is trying to fight an inner battle is not seeking acceptance from you. She is searching for it within herself. On her own terms.
You won't always understand and she doesn't expect you to.
She loves you more than you know. Her loyalty goes deeper than you can imagine but she also doesn't want you to see how vulnerable she really is.
She's not closed off emotionally, she is trying her best to let you in but you need to give her time and some space in order for her to be who she wants. And then you can love her in full.
Because when you do that, it will make her so happy.
And isn't that the most important thing? She's just some image for you to reconstruct, she's already doing that herself.
So when she needs you the most, be there and accept her for all of the wonderful, truly beautiful things that make her up. You won't regret it.