Being stubborn is one thing, being ridiculously stubborn is another, and dating someone who’s ridiculously stubborn is a whole other thing entirely.
If you’ve found yourself in a relationship with someone who is of the particularly stubborn variety, here are 12 helpful tips to know.
- We are set in our ways. We can change, but you’re going to struggle to get us to that point.
- We have unshakable beliefs. Our faith, our family, our morals—those will never change. You better love ‘em, or get out.
- Fights with us will not end in your favor. You’ve never fought harder than with someone who will forever and always stand their ground.
- Our love for you won’t end unless you give us really good reason to end it.
- We tend to be a little too independent.
- We don’t give up on our dreams. They might come a little before you, especially because we had them first.
- We are strong. You have to be if you’re ridiculously stubborn.
- We need you. We won’t admit it, but we do. Especially when things are hard and we’re trying to push you away because we’re too stubborn to admit we need help.
- You make us better. Letting other people into your life slowly eases your stubbornness. Its a very slow process and requires an insanely high number of people, but each one makes us a little less stubborn. Go, you!
- We are a little impatient. Okay, that’s an understatement. We are REALLY impatient. We want to be somewhere, get through something, and draw things to a close NOW.
- We’ll believe in you more than you will ever believe in yourself. We can see your potential and your greatness, and we will stop at nothing to get you and the world to see it.
- We love to be in control. We like to make decisions and plan dates (mostly because we can eat somewhere we’ve been dying to for a while). To appease us, just get our input.
If you’re dating a stubborn person, hats off to you. You have a great person by your side, but a lot of work ahead of you.
Just remember not to let the stubbornness drive the relationship, but don’t try to take it away from your other half.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax