As an athlete, there are not many things worse than an injury. Injured athletes go through so much more than a perfectly healthy athlete could possibly imagine, or even a non-athlete who has been injured before. Not only are they dealing with the physical trials of their injury, but the emotional and mental aspects of it as well.
1. Yes, I am very aware of how much it sucks having to sit on the bench and watch my team play.
2. No, I am not sure how long I am going to be out.
3. Why am I still at every game and practice? Because this is my sport.
4. I live and breathe it and being injured doesn’t give me an excuse to sit at home while my team is training.
5. You wanna see what happens if you call me the "water girl" or "bench warmer" one more time?
6. I am just as much a part of this team as every healthy player.
7. Even though I am not on the field, I am still involved in every aspect of the game.
8. I do not need your pity.
9. Don’t worry, I spent plenty of time being upset about not being able to play as soon as I found out.
10. Yes, I am in pain.
11. Yes, I can still be happy for my team... even on the bench.
12. If I can’t help them out physically, I am going to at least lift their spirits and be the best cheerleader they ever had.
13. Every single day in therapy, I am working my absolute hardest to get back on the field.
14. Be thankful for your healthy body.
15. I am strong and I will overcome this.
16. Just support me, okay?
17. I don’t need to be constantly reminded of what I am missing.
18. I appreciate the help, but let me try to do things on my own at first.
19. I am so proud of my team and will stand behind them despite my injury.
20. There is no injury that can extinguish the fire in my soul for this beautiful game.
Just wait, I will be back out there and you will never know I was hurt. I’m determined.