"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you. I drink too much and that's an issue but I'm okay."
Besides a great beat that's catchy and hype the Chainsmokers have created songs that contain lyrics that are so real and relatable.
1. "Stranded, reaching out. I call your name but you're not around. I say your name but you're not around. I need you, I need you, I need you right now. Yeah, I need you right now. So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down”
When you really need someone and hope they hear you.
2. "I think I'm losing my mind now. It's in my head, darling I hope. That you'll be here, when I need you the most.”
When all you can think is, “please don’t let me down.”
3. “I really thought you were on my side. But now there's nobody by my side."
We have all had that person that we thought would be there for us.
4. “We ain't ever getting older”
Because who doesn’t want to stay young.
5. “Thought that I’d be better off. If I were on my own. I tried to put my finger on the moment we went wrong.”
Because if you realized when things went wrong maybe you could’ve fixed things.
6. “Ever since I left you. I’ve been trying to get you back. And it keeps getting worse. I’m burning on the inside. And the truth is that I didn’t know how good you were.”
We all have that one that we regret letting go. That person that until they were gone we didn’t appreciate.
7. “I was always told that only time would heal the pain. And even though it’s been so long, it still hurts just the same.”
Time doesn’t always heal all wounds.
8. “Ice cold, I freeze up when I see ya. Left you just to find out that I need ya. So far, I wanna pull you closer. I wish we could start the whole thing over.”
That one person that you always wish you could start over with.
9. “But you're just my type. The kind that only calls me late at night. You can't decide if you'll be yours or mine”
You know aren’t good for you, but you can’t help it they’re your kryptonite. Because they’re just your type.
10. “And I'm foolin' myself, 'cause I know that I'll never change ya. But you told me the truth, so I guess I can't really blame ya.”
You want to see the best in them, but can’t face the fact that you can’t change them.
11. “Tried so hard to change. But I'm set on my ways. My words mean nothing again. I promised I'd be good. But I can't help myself from these temptations. When they come, there's nothing I can do. I promised I'd be good.”
They said it would never happen again. And you wanted to believe they had good intentions.
12. “We're falling apart, still we hold together. We've passed the end, so we chase forever. 'Cause this is all we know.”
The only thing left to do is admit that you’re over, but you can’t. You say, “this is all we know.”
13. “But she said, where'd you wanna go? How much you wanna risk? I'm not looking for somebody. With some superhuman gifts. Some superhero. Some fairytale bliss. Just something I can turn to. Somebody I can kiss”
When the magic love you share makes you feel invincible and you’d do or go anywhere. And all you want is something just like this.
14. “If we go down then we go down together. We'll get away with everything. Let's show them we are better.”
When you just want to escape from your reality and take a trip to Paris…
15. “And we'll torch this place we know. Before one of us takes a chance. And breaks this, I won't be the one. No, I won't be the one.
When you both are too afraid to be the one to end things.
16. “I know that look on your face, that I had lost you.”
The look that says you need to go, somewhere far away like New York City…
17. “I know I keep these feelings to myself. Like I don't need nobody else. But you're not the only one on my mind.”
Sometimes, when you ask someone to be honest with you it hurts.
18. “I won't take the bait or these excuses that you're using. Don't say, don't say you're human.”
Sometimes, it’s just better if they don’t say anything.