We all have those certain shows that grasp our attention the second it starts. There are some of us who are a little too dedicated to our shows. But you know what? It's okay because at the end of the day, you solved a ton of cases with your girl, Olivia Benson, by your side so it's not like you weren't productive or anything... :)
1. You know the entire opening to Law & Order SVU. And man, do you get excited when you see those blue and red lights behind the words signaling your favorite show is coming on. The theme song, the exact notes to hit, and of course the opening line.
"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."
2. You get incredibly disappointed when you see "Law & Order" but then you don't hear the words you have memorized... it's the dreaded "Criminal Intent" or even worse... just plain Law & Order.
3. You refer to the detectives by their first name because you're on that level. "Good job, Olivia! You got the perp!" "Come on, Elliot... you're better than that." "Now Nick, there is no need to get angry." After all, they're your best friends. And if you're REALLY into it, you'll call them by their actual names every now and then. Mariska is my girl, you know.
4. The sexual tension between Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler was far too much for you to handle. And you secretly hope he'll come back and confess his love to her.
5. And although he'll never be Elliot Stabler, Nick Amaro was a satisfactory replacement. He gave us something good to look at. And he just kept providing so many plot twists, it's crazy.
6. You call yourself a detective because, well, you are. You have all the training you need from binge watching.
7. This guy made you so angry, you thought that you were going to kill him yourself and lose your detective badge. You don't touch Olivia Benson. NYPD has her back, man.
8. You've always appreciated the humor that Ice T brought to the show.
9. You're still wondering if Nick Amaro and Amanda Rollins ever hooked up... I mean, come on. And if they did, why didn't we see it? She even said in the new season about her baby... "and before you ask, no, it's not Nick's." WHAAAAAT?!
10. You yelled at the TV when Rollins said "I'm going to a meeting tonight" but instead she actually went and gambled. NO AMANDA, YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT. STOOOOOOOOP.
11. Don't even get me started on how crazy Rollins' sister was....
12. If there's one thing you can't fathom... it's how cute Noah Benson is. And how proud you are of Olivia for being a mom.
13. Oh, and let's not forget when Olivia became a sergeant. YAAAAAAAAAAAS OLIVIA YOU GO GIRL.
14. You've watched almost, if not, all, of the episodes on Netflix and felt empty when you finished the 16th season.
15. You yelled at the TV when one of your fellow detectives got shot.
16. You still aren't sure how you feel about Olivia telling Nick she grew more with him than Elliot...
For those of you that missed it... this is what she said. “I grew more in my last four years with you than I did in the 12 years that I was with him (Elliot). That relationship, whatever it was, didn’t allow for anything else. But with you, with your support, I have a family. You helped me grow.”
17. You remember when this badass came into the show, and you look forward to seeing him kill it in court every single time.
18. Any time a new guy came into the squad, you were hesitant to accept them. It took a lot of warming up for you to like new characters because your heart was still set on the old ones.
19. At the end of every episode, no matter how many times you've watched it, you're mindblown. And you're pretty proud of yourself for solving the case with your squad. After all, they are the definition of squad goals.