I barely recognize myself at that age, thank god.
While in the moment, I usually feel unprepared to take on life, when I really think about it, I’ve learned so much in my teenage years.
- People come and go. A lot. And that’s ok.
- Let go of all things petty.
- Anxiety is so normal and way more people are dealing with it than you realize.
- Never take any moment for granted, even the small ones like your parents buying up Abercrombie and Fitch for you.
- Life can be unpredictable... like finding out you're getting braces a week before picture day.
- Allow yourself to indulge sometimes, but you can't eat an entire bag of Doritos every day.
- Once a week, that's fine.
- Taking risks is the best way to learn about yourself.
- But you can also learn about yourself by staying home and doing nothing.
- Because we know that happened way more than you'd like to admit.
- Not everyone follows “If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all.”
- And words can really fucking hurt.
- Words said to you and said by you.
- Cherish your family’s company, even when they’re annoying af.
- Be picky when you chose friends, and remember quality over quantity.
- There are bigger and much better things than high school.
- Like college.
- And family sized bags of Doritos.
- Don’t be afraid to do what you love, even if your friends don’t.
- Because who really likes what they like anyways??
- Take your own path, don’t follow everybody else’s.
- Going out of your comfort zone is a good thing.
- Do it.
- NEVER be afraid to ask for help.
- Be grateful for the people who are there for you.
- And move on from the ones who aren’t.
- Being the bigger person is always the right idea.
- All conflicts have resolutions. Don’t be afraid to confront them head on.
- Love every moment of being a teenager. It goes too fast.
I don’t know what life is going to be like. I don't even know what I'm having for dinner.
As hard as it was, I’m going to miss being a teenager.
I’ll miss feeling like I was invincible, solely because I was a teen. I’ll miss relying on my parents for absolutely everything. I’ll miss somewhat being a kid still.
They were beautiful. I can’t believe they’re ending.
When it comes down to it, God, I loved being a teenager.