Let's be real, One Tree Hill was an anthem of the early 2000’s and basically a bible for surviving high school.
Brooke Davis never failed to inspire us with the way she carried herself and the strength she relied on while constantly overcoming life's problems.
- “I do what I do, and I like what I like and that's just who I am.”
- “People are gonna label you. It's how you overcome those labels, that's what matters.”
- “Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up, but there’s a day when you realize you’re not just a survivor, you’re a warrior. You're tougher than anything it throws your way. And you are.”
- “Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep people away, but to see who cares enough to tear those walls down.”
- “We all need a little hope sometimes, that feeling that everything is going to be ok, and that there’s going to be someone out there to help make sure of that.”
- “Sometimes my heart aches at how my life has turned out, in a good way. It doesn't mean there haven't been hardships, there have been, but I’m here and here is good.”
- “I just wanna have a life I’m gonna remember, even if I don’t write it down.”
- “Love is a wonderful thing. And it doesn't come around much, so when it does, make sure you open the door.”
- “I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted to be someone worth fighting for.”
- “I stopped letting boys define me and I started believing in myself and in my potential.”
- “I used to miss you so much, but I never felt like you really missed me back, and so I guess I just stopped missing you.”
- “People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end.”
- “I know what it feels like to have your heart broken, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.”
- "Somebody please tell me you've got love figured out because I got news for you… it's pretty darn messy right now. But I guess it has always been that way. Wanting to be loved, to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way, feel understood.”
- “Don’t cry for a guy, let a guy cry for you. 'Cause girls give and forgive, but guys get and forget.”
- “So, for now, I say goodbye to this chapter of my life and I look forward to what comes next.”
- “And once you lose yourself you have two choices: Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely.”
- "If you had a friend that you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever.”
- “At the end of the day, you are who you are, and it's probably who you’ve always been.”
“Obviously there are things I regret, things I would like to take back, things I would change if I could. But we all have to live with the residue of our choices, and the consequences of our actions.”
So Brooke Davis, thank you for setting a good example and always handling situations with poise, class, and a little bit of sass.