Jay Crownover is a New York Times bestselling author of many series that have made us laugh and cry and inspire us with her every word. There’s something about this author’s brutally honest way of putting things that hit home… hard. She seems like that type of person who says what everyone is afraid to say. These quotes are full of sass, honesty, and some of them will just about melt your heart.
1. “It’s always been you even when I didn’t want it to be, even when it broke my heart over and over again. It’s just always been you.”
2. “Opposites don't just attract they freaking catch fire and burn the entire city down."
3. “I don’t care what color your hair is, if you’re pale or tan, if you have makeup on or just woke up all I care about is that when I look at you, you always look back and see me. You’re beautiful inside and out and if you wanted to tattoo all that pretty white skin from head to toe I would be honored to put it there for you but if not I’ll take you all smooth and milky white any chance I get.”
4. “Love doesn’t always have to be spoken out loud.”
5. “What do you mean? We have it, we raise it, we send it to school, keep it from getting eaten by wolves or becoming a stripper, and we're good.”
6. “Love isn’t perfect. It’s hard work and sometimes it’s more effort to be in love than it is to just run away. If you keep looking for perfect, the real thing is going to pass right by you.”
7. “You're a dumb shit. There are a million first girls for a million different first things.
There's the first girl you slow-dance with, and the first girl you go to bed with. There's the first girl to give you a kiss, and then the first one you take home to mama." His amber eyes lit up with humor.
"There's the first girl you fight with and the first girl you fight for. There's also the first girl you have to let go of. There's the first girl you love, obviously, and the first girl to break your heart.
There's always a first girl, Rowdy, but there is also the girl that is going to come after her until you get to the last girl.
The last girl is the one that really matters.”
8. “That boy is sprung on you and he is a nice guy. A super hot, super sexy nice guy. Do you know how rare that is? He’s like a goddamn unicorn.”
9. “Easy is very forgettable, my friend, complicated and difficult stays with you forever. Believe me, I married it.”
10. “It’s how we deal with the things that hurt us most that defines us.”
11. “Loving someone you want to make your own has a different feeling, a different power than the love you have for family. It’s different and the chains that bind it can be unbreakable.”
12. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
13. “I'm not giving you his number because he's mine and if you get anywhere near him I swear to God the thing I do to you will be chronicled on Investigation Discovery for years to come."
14. “There was nothing quite like being put in the friend zone by your pregnant girlfriend.”
15. “A guy has needs, but so does a girl. She just needs the right person to make her hot enough to ask for them to be met.”
16. “I never claimed to be an angel and even the devil could only play with fire for so long before he gave in to unholy temptation and danced in the flames.”
17. “Eventually we all need someone to try and save us; even if they fail, the fact that someone tried might be what matters most in the end.”
18. “Oh, honey, if you look close enough, everything is in those eyes. That’s why they’re so dark. They are full. Full of every secret, every promise, and every temptation that can make a good girl do really bad things and enjoy every second of it.”
19. “I kissed her because I had to. I kissed her because I wanted to. I kissed her because kissing her was starting to make me feel like I had found something I wasn't really aware I had been looking for. Mostly I kissed her because ever time she kissed me back I felt her settling a piece of herself even more deeply inside of me.”
20. "I have plenty of friends, Salem. I don't want to get any of them naked or take any of them to bed. We don't need to try and be friends again -- we always were. That never changed-- you did. You started this game of chase, so when you figure your shit out let me know because I'm already caught."
21. "When she came she said my name like a prayer. When I came I said her name like a curse."
For more like this, check out our Facebook Page!