When we first get together with a guy, it's all roses and sunshine and amazing sex. We look at the world through rose tinted glasses and everything is sugar sweet and perfect.
But when the honeymoon phase begins to die down, which it inevitably will, the glasses come off and all of a sudden things might look a little different. Suddenly, you and your man are both flawed humans.
Prince charming is all of a sudden a regular dude. You guys have been fighting. A lot. Don't panic!
This is either the bumpy start to something new and lasting, or the perfect time to get the hell out. If you're not sure which to do, it's okay. We all get caught up sometimes.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you're navigating a new relationship or trying to figure out your current situation.
1. If a guy isn't into you...don't doubt yourself. Doubt him.
2. Your physical appearance isn’t the most attractive part about you, it is what's on the inside that is forever.
3. No matter what he says, you don’t need to know how to cook. Most men will see it as a huge positive, but let's be real, learn to cook for yourself, not for him.
4. Finding the right guy really depends a lot on how much you respect yourself. The way you carry yourself will set a standard for how others should treat you.
5. Don’t get caught up in how good a guy looks “on paper.” His resume might make him seem like a catch but the resume doesn't tell the whole story, it's just the cover of the book.
6. Settling almost never ever ever works. It’s like buying something on credit — you’ll eventually have to pay. Don't be afraid to be picky.
7. GUYS WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT ATTRACTIVE WOMEN. EVEN IN RELATIONSHIPS. GET OVER IT. :)
8. A relationship shouldn't be based on sex. ALTHOUGH, the more the...merrier.
9. Men love reassurance, even though they may not tell you. They want compliments and to be told they are making you happy.
10. Guys don't think being 'hard to get' is cute. Your focus shouldn't be on playing hard to get rather than actually being hard to get. Set some standards.
11. If you find yourself constantly talking to all your friends about the things your guy is doing wrong...he is not the one.
12. Don't sacrifice things you need to stay with him. You should always have more pros than cons on your list when it comes to your man and relationship.
13. If you aren't happy, leave. It is better to be happy alone than unhappy with him.
14. Don’t ever compete with another woman for a man.
15. Men can't read minds (I know..crazy, right?) Tell them when you're upset or mad. That's the only way they will know.
16. Get wild and crazy every now and then. Don't stick to the same routine of Netflix and pizza every night.
17. If you are wondering about what he is doing behind your back, it's over. You should trust each other.
18. Never revolve your life around a man. Make sure you focus on yourself and hangout with your friends.
19. You should feel confident, always. Never let a man make you feel less than.
20. If he only texts you after 8pm, he's not into you.
21. You’re not a bomb, if you haven't found a man yet, it's okay. Stop worrying about your ticking clock.