If you grew up with a brother, you know that your dating forecast may have been a little bleak at times.
Here are just a few ways that your love life may have been different because of your slightly overprotective bro.
1. Your brother casts his vote on who you date.
2. Seriously though whether you want it or not, you’ll get his opinion.
3. He always seems to know everyone you bring up.
4. When you ask him how he knows, he says he has “sources”.
5. He is a thorough investigator and seems to know everything about every male within a 50-mile radius.
6. And, on the off-chance that he doesn’t know, he finds out.
7. Again, he “just knows things.”
8. If you make it to the dating stage with a guy, your brother makes sure he is at the house when he picks you up.
9. He will question and intimidate said boy.
10. This tactic has cost you a couple of second dates.
11. He has successfully struck a “healthy fear” in most of the boys at your school, which probably cost you a couple of first dates too.
12. He makes sure that he has eyes watching any potential boyfriend for any funny business.
13. He asks all of his girl friends for personal dating stories about boys to warn you and keep you away from the bad boys.
14. When you go for a bad boy anyway, he will do everything in his power to scare him off.
15. Fear, intimidation, third-wheeling several dates. The possibilities are endless.
16. This causes a lot of guys to bail because it is too much effort.
17. But, here is the good thing.
18. He looks out for you so much because he loves you.
19. He intimidates and questions every boy because he wants to make sure that you choose someone that is worthy of you.
20. He scares several suitors off, but he’s really doing you a favor because the right guy won’t have anything to hide and won’t be afraid of a little extra challenge.
21. He protects you and your reputation fiercely.
22. He is the first to spring into action when you’re crying over a break-up.
23. Trust me, no one wants to be the guy that broke his dear sister’s heart.
24. He fights for you.
25. And, while it may seem annoying and overwhelming while you’re in it, one day you’ll thank him.
26. Because all he ever wanted was for you to never settle.
27. And, when you find the right guy, he will warm up to him
28. After a healthy amount of fear is instilled in your man’s heart, you know, just for good measure.
29. And when you finally get that seal of approval from your brother, it’ll feel incredible.
30. Because he does not trust just anyone to take care of his sister.
31. So, if he trusts your new man, then it might just be worth your time.