Tis the season for lots of food and even more good times. Sometimes we find it so easy not to shake it up and try something new. As we begin to trek into the fun holiday festivities, here are some new things to shake up this season of thanks and giving!
1. Tree Lighting Ceremonies are anywhere and everywhere. Hit one up!
2. Family time is number one this time of year. Meet with as much of your fam as you can.
3. Make a snowman community with your friends.
4. Give back by serving the homeless in soup kitchens or warming shelters.
5. Donate to a Giving Tree or any other program that gives families in need the Christmas they desire.
6. Pick out all your Holiday Movie faves and watch ‘em with your crew.
7. Pick the best ugly sweater you have and rock it with pride.
8. Try out all your local coffee shops and decide which has the best cocoa and coffee.
9. Try to knit a scarf or beanie to wear this season.
10. Binge a new Netflix series you wouldn’t have considered watching before.
11. Grab your bae, or snag a new guy, and have a serious cuddle session.
12. Start a contest with your friends to see who can post the most fall/winter themed posts between now and spring.
13. Take a second and make a snow angel.
14. Cut a real Christmas tree instead of pulling your fake out of storage.
15. Jump in a pile of leaves before the snow buries them.
16. Craft your Thanksgiving and Christmas decor with your bffs.
17. Start a new Holiday tradition with your besties that you’ll keep coming back to for years to come.
18. Make a dish to pass at all your family gatherings.
19. Go on a new adventure, somewhere local or far away, to see what these beautiful seasons look like in other places.
20. Go ice skating on a lake instead of an arena. it makes all the difference!
21. Go to as many bonfires as you can.
22. On non-feast days, try for a new diet so you can keep off the extra holiday pounds.
23. Buy holiday-themed candles to get you in the spirit!
24. Listen to non-stop Christmas music.
25. Let your worries go and have a snowball fight.
26. Get a gym membership BEFORE New Years hits, so you can start lookin’ good even sooner.
27. Host a present wrapping party.
28. Kiss someone under the mistletoe.
29. Splurge on those leg warmers and pom beanies you’ve had your eye on.
30. Redecorate your space to make it warm and homey for this season.
31. Get a great haircut to rock with your winter apparel.
32. Have a slumber party like in the old days, complete with mud masks and manicures and pizza galore.
33. Make more time for naps to keep yourself well rested and avoid those awful winter colds.
34. See how many Thanksgiving feasts you can hit in one day.
35. Get a great basic fall/winter pic to make your profile pic on all your social media.
36. Make sure to go sledding at least once.
37. Even if it’s chilly, make time to sit outside and enjoy nature.
Want more of Ali this holiday season? Like her on Facebook for more great content and to connect with the writer behind this piece!