“Yeah, you got that something // I think you’ll understand // When I’ll say that something // I wanna hold your hand.” - The Beatles
I can't stop thinking about the last time you intertwined your fingers with mine.
I can still see it as if it just happened: your fingers closing around mine, while mine were unclasped to yours as my brain was still processing what was going on.
Since then, I haven't even been able to intertwine my own fingers because I'm reminded of how much better it was with you.
So here are a few times I wanna hold your hand. Y'know, now that we have held hands in every way.
1. I wanna hold your hand, but not just any way. Although my hand in yours as you lead me somewhere is never out of the question, I want our fingers laced again — only next time, I’ll close mine around yours.
2. I wanna hold your hand when we're at the movies. I want to feel your hand in mine as I look up at the big screen. Maybe our hands are resting on the cup holder between us. Maybe they're in one of our laps. Either way, I want it.
3. I wanna hold your hand in the car, coming back from shopping. I could just imagine, coming back from a hectic but fun shopping time. And while we're listening to your favorite radio station, our hands are resting on the center console or on one of our laps.
4. I wanna hold your hand on the couch, watching a movie on Netflix. That first time you held my hand was on the couch. Next time, I want it to last longer and not out of happenstance.
5. I wanna hold your hand when conversation has seized. What better way is there to continue conversing than by holding hands? Only, we would be conversing by sight and touch not words.
Besides, why say something we will regret when we can do something that we, or at least I, will cherish?
6. I wanna hold your hand in public, uncaring and unnoticing who’s around to see it... because I truly doubt I would care or notice when I am entirely too enthralled by your touch.
7. I wanna hold your hand at the dinner table, underneath the table. As many times as we have sat next to each other, it wouldn't be that much distance or difference. And my dining experience would be a million times better.
8. I wanna hold your hand every day, every time we’re together. I realize it's not possible nor can we hold hands every time we are together. But I long for the feeling again...
Because my heart is home when my hand is in yours.