In an Sex and The City episode, the question was posed: "Do you think women in relationships are jealous of us because were single?" Or something like that. Miranda firmly replies no.
Miranda is smart as hell, but I believe the single life is an enviable life. You're free to do whatever you want, and girls in relationships may be in love with a man, but you can fall in love with your life.
Here are some prime ways to make sure your single life is exciting and worthy of jealousy:
- Makeout with a stranger
-Introduce yourself to people at a bar with an alias name and an alias life. Be someone else for a night and don't be held responsible for any of their actions.
- Schedule alone time.
- Take a bubble bath that is probably too long- pruny fingers or not long enough.
- Buy a waterbed
- Tell the bartender "surprise me"
- Ask a stranger to pretend to propose to you, at a dive bar or restaurant to try and get a free round of drinks.
- Give a street musician a music request and ask a stranger to dance to the song with you
- Be the first on the dance floor or the last
- Photobomb a group of hot guys taking a photo
- Finish a pint of Ben and Jerry's with absolutely no guilt
- Stay home all day and binge watch Netflix- drink and eat as much as you want
- Tell the guy at Starbucks your name is Beyonce
- Watch the best rated movie from the year you were born
- ... and the worst
- Go on a date with someone who is the opposite of your type
- Go out without underwear
- Wink at someone across the room
- Become a regular at small dive bar, because sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name.
- Tell a guy he's hot
- Tell your ex he's not
- Rent a convertible and tie a cute silk scarf on your head for a girl's road trip
- Pay a male model to wash your car
- Go speed dating
- Stay out all night and eat a 24 hour diner during sunrise
- Sneak wine into the movie theater
- Take a sexy dance class- hip hop for cool beyonce moves or twerking for Nicki Minaj moves.
- Eat dinner for breakfast
- Buy a custom cake from the grocery store that says something embarrassing. Some suggestions: "Sorry, Your Pregnant." or "I Had Sex With Your Brother."
- Wear a costume to a non-costume party. Elle woods style.
- Invest in a quality vibrator
- Have a real life couple pretend you're their child at the movies for a discount. Don't wear makeup. It could work.
- Get a hotel room, order room service in a robe.
- Sing the absolute loudest you can in the shower
- Ask five people you know to make you a mix CD
- Memorize Nicki Minaj monster verse
- Submit a video to Ellen or try to get on a game show
- Wear a wig out in public
- Convince strangers on Instagram you're related to a celebrity to try and gain followers
- Dance on a table
- Try an 'Adios Mother Fucker' drink
- Throw a tea party
- Get a celebrity to tweet you Happy Birthday
- Skinny dip
- Buy a girl a drink and make a friend
- Sleep a full day
- Become friends with your uber driver
- Wear high heels to brunch
- Read a book in a day. (It can be a celebrity memoir)
- Become an Independent woman who don't need no man.
-Then.... Finally, find a boyfriend.
Finding a boyfriend must be the last completed item on the list. Have fun, take pictures and make memories that you will hide from you children.
For more of Taylor's writing, follow her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheTaylorCarter/
Model credit: Alex Miller