When it comes to love, a girl doesn't really ask for much. She just wants to be made a priority because you know you will be her #1 always.
1. Keeps me smiling every second we're together.
I don't want to waste my time on someone with a bland personality. I want to have fun while I'm young and make the most of my days spent with him.
2. Lets me feel any emotion I'm feeling and backs me up 100% of the way.
Anyone less than supportive I'll give them the finger and run for the hills. If I'm crying but don't really know why I need him to hug me and tell me everything will be okay even though everything is okay already.
3. Puts up with me when I'm grumpy, hangry, or an adorable moody mess.
Not everyone can be sunshine and rainbows all the time. I need him to understand that and care about me enough to get through the bad days.
If he can’t handle me on a grumpy day then he doesn't deserve me on my best days.
4. Who genuinely takes an interest in my interests.
Even if it means trying something new or uncomfortable for him, I want him to try.
5. He needs to respect my boundaries.
Does this one need an explanation? We all set boundaries to keep ourselves safe and healthy.
6. Who can tell when I need some space and leaves me be.
I want to love him, but I also love myself enough to know when I need some alone time to destress.
7. Says 'no' instead of yes-ing me to death.
I mean, it's cute, he's trying to make me happy. But if he's sacrificing too much for me that makes me feel weird.
8. Asks questions about my past.
I want to be able to talk to him about anything. I want him to ask me what it was like growing up in my house, what my parents were like, I want him to want to see baby pictures.
9. And doesn't get jealous when I talk about my exes.
Talk about #1 deal breaker. If he doesn't understand that my exes are in my past and staying there, that's his problem. I refuse to deal with jealousy.
10. I'm not asking for his undivided attention at all times...
Because being suffocated in a relationship is exhausting and that would drive me to resent him.
11. But if he asks me to hang out, he better not be on his phone the whole time.
That's just plain disrespectful.
I do just find on my own, so if he can't keep up with me I'd rather just go back to being single.