Some people never meet their better half. But some of us are lucky.
If you meet yours, you experience a feeling of instant recognition. And over time, they bring out the best in you.
Call yours whatever you want: Your soul mate, your “person," your kindred spirit, your unicorn, your twin flame...The label doesn’t matter.
You know you’ve found yours if:
- Their presence calms you.
- They don’t just help you move forward. They remind you of who you’ve always been.
- You become a blunt person every time you’re with them, even if you aren’t usually.
- Nothing is ever TMI between the two of you.
- When you help them with something, it no longer feels like work.
- They encourage your sick weird sense of humor...
- ...And laugh at all your jokes, even the ones that no one else gets.
- Even the jokes that are so not-funny they become funny.
- You rarely make plans to spend time together, yet you end up hanging out together all the time.
- It doesn’t matter what you do when you hang out. It always feels like time well spent.
- The amount of stuff you have in common almost creeps you out...
- ...If it didn’t make you feel all warm and fuzzy and like you’ve known them since forever.
- You don’t lie to each other because neither of you could get away with it.
- They take your big dreams as seriously as you do. And you encourage theirs.
- Ever since you met them, you cut out more of the bad habits and negative influences in your life.
- When they’re hurt, you feel hurt too; and their happiness makes you happy.
- They're always curious to know more about you, even the things you hesitate to share.
- Phone calls with them are like a glass of wine at the end of the day.
- The confusing parts of life seem clearer after you talk with them.
- It feels as though you’re always discovering uncanny coincidences only shared with them.
- They don’t judge you, and they automatically understand why you made a mistake even before you explain it to them.
- They’re all about tough love in the moments when you need a kick in the a*s to get your sh*t together.
- Even when they see you at your worst, they treat you like you’re the best.
For more from Shannon, follow her on Facebook.