Your Person. The other half. A soulmate. You and your person couldn’t live without each other, because you’re so invested in each other’s lives.
Best friends have each other’s backs, and you two are no exception. You can depend on your person without any questions asked.
1. When you’re sick and tired of everyone, you can turn to your person for sympathy.
Sometimes people suck, and you can’t deal anymore. Your person is there for you when you need them to listen to you vent and they understand when you need to be left alone to do your thing.
2. And when you’re out with your person, and she’s out of cash, you cover her for food.
You two cover each other like you’re dating, and alternate who pays for the dates. Without a thought, you’ll rescue her grumbling stomach and share delicious food. There’s no, “I’ll pay you back,” because she’ll just get it for you next time.
3. If your person needs a little cheering up, you know exactly what she needs.
Everyone has a their personal way of dealing with tough situations and bad moods. You’re a best friend professional and there’s nothing you can’t cure.
4. Even if you’ve been apart for a while, you’ve got the details on each other’s lives so catching up isn’t really needed.
Thanks to modern technology, it’s almost impossible to not know what’s going on in your person’s life, even if you don’t live near each other.
5. You both love daydreaming about taking a trip together somewhere crazy.
Whether you guys actually mean it, or are just fantasizing together, a trip around the world with your person is a life goal you hope to realize someday.
6. You have the same frenemies.
You and your best friend are basically two halves of the same person. You balance each other out, but you also have very similar tastes. When someone rubs you the wrong way, you can be sure that your person will back you up.
7. Thinking and saying the same things are a daily occurrence.
It’s a little cheesy, but you can practically read your person’s thoughts, and vice versa. She can tell what you’re going to say before you say it, and she’ll blurt it out with you.
8. You can tell if your person loves or hates someone just by watching her. She doesn’t have to say a thing.
You can sense your person’s mood and body language. You can read her face and tell if she’s faking it or being genuine. It’s highly entertaining to push her buttons when she’s being fake-nice.
9. Your person already has your future together planned out. Matching apartments in your favorite city and all.
As hard as going to different colleges or living in different cities is, your person has plans for your reunification. Someday you’ll both be together again, as neighbors or roommates. And everything will match and the shared apartment will look like a page from the Anthropology catalog.
10. You know each other’s sex lives as if it were your own.
All the details are always out in the open. Everything is divulged. It’s just necessary information, plain and simple.
11. Obsessing over the same shows/movies/songs/clothes/etc is a given.
You and your person are so in sync that you have the same taste in entertainment. Sure, there’s the occasional major disagreement, but it’s amusing to argue for fun.
12. When you’re out shopping, you end up finding all the clothes your person would want.
She’s basically half of your brain. Whenever you’re out shopping, you always find things that she would wear. It gets annoying after a while… you need to shop for yourself!
13. If something amazing happens to your person, you’re more excited than she is.
When your person gets an A on an assignment or a raise at work, you die with excitement. You’re happy for her success.
14. By some miracle of fate, you’re both the same size... so you can share everything.
You and your person may not have the exact same style preferences, but it’s nice to have some variety in your (shared) closets. Mi casa es su casa.
15. You already have her wedding planned out, as the self-designated maid of honor.
Since you know her style better than she knows herself, you’ve decided to take over planning events for the rest of her life, just to make everything perfect. You know exactly what she wants. And she should be grateful, because you’re not an expensive professional wedding planner.
16. When you’re both together, no one else understands your conversation with your person.
Everything you guys talk about is coded in references and inside jokes. It’s not even like you try to be confusing, that’s just how you communicate.
17. Nothing will ever stand in the way; you two are taking over the world together.
You and your person are unstoppable. The world better get ready for your imminent takeover.
Sign up for the Pucker Mob Women’s News Email Newsletter
powered by ArcaMax