You both have to put in the effort. If you don’t, it’s really easy for the friendship to fall apart. Here are just some things I’ve learned about friendships:
• Not everyone is your friend. I know, it’s hard to believe right? You spend so much time around certain people, and you feel like you formed a connection. The reality is that half the people you meet in your life, aren’t really your friend. They aren’t the people that will be there through the good and the bad times.
• Friendships work both ways. If you want the friendship to work. You both have to want it. It’s important that everyone makes an effort in the friendship. Your friend can’t come home sometimes? Make some plans to meet up half way, or see if you can go to your friend. Last minute plans come up? That’s okay! Just make sure that you both find a time that works best for you.
• Friendships go through hard times. Nobody said friendships are easy. They did promise the friendships are worth it. Of course friends will have their fights. Nobody is perfect, and we are entitled to have flaws. We have feelings just like everyone else.
• Always be honest.
I know that one is rough. You never want to hurt your best friend
, but honesty is always best. You should both feel comfortable enough to have serious conversations. Don’t be afraid to hurt each other’s feelings. It’s normal that being honest may result in someone feeling hurt.
• Always say I love you. You never know what someone is going through. Check up on your friends from time to time and make sure they are okay. Remind them that you love them and that you aren’t going anywhere.
• Make the best memories. Go on a road trip, go camping, visit new places. You only live once, have the adventure of a lifetime with your friends by your side.
Friendships are important to have. Sometimes it’s not easy to make new friends either. Get involved in group activities. Include some outside people into your circle. Hold each other accountable for what you are trying to do with your lives. Friendships go through ups and downs, it’s a part of life. However, don’t let life get in the way of having a good time. Love your friends wholeheartedly and let them know you will always be by their side.
Header Image Source
About The Author
My name is Missy, I am 29 and I love to write. I write about mental health, relationships, friendships and life in general. I’m just your typical girl who loves to be adventurous! You can find more of my stories here.