I used to have an office job. It was the kind where I sat at a desk all damn day waiting for people to need me to wow them with my customer service skills. Needless to say, it could get pretty boring during the slow times. I confess, I was no stranger to YouTube videos, social media chats, and my very fave time waster: playing flash games online. Be advised, these games are not for hardcore gamers. They’re retro, simple, and you can play them well with a keyboard, mouse, or track ball. No love for the Old-School? Do us both a favor and play Angry Birds on your phone instead…Oh, and don’t forget to turn the sound on your monitor down.
1. Human Centipede. If you remember playing Centipede at an arcade (or if you even know what an arcade is), you’re sure to dig this fun flash game. It’s classic Centipede with the outstanding twist of actually being The Human Centipede. I know, right?
2. Go Go Goblin. A simple concept that requires just enough skill to be frustratingly fun. Plus, catapults. Everybody loves catapults. Fling that goblin and make him catch coins. Mmmmm…coins.
3. Zombie Infection Simulator. This is a good one, not just because watching the zombie plague spread is big fun. It takes place over a map, so you might actually look like you’re working when your boss walks by.
4. Pac Man. Don’t think Pac Man is a horror game? A drug-addled pill eater running around trying to avoid ghosts (and occasionally devouring them)? Yeah, that’s the stuff nightmares are made of. It’s also hella fun and super retro.
5. Miami Shark. Great white sharks are badass. This is well-established. The Miami Shark flash game lets you be the shark as you eat swimmers, boats full of people…and when you get good at it, airplanes, helicopters, and more.
6. Jaws. I’ve learned recently that some people are actually frightened of sharks rather than fascinated by them. Weird, right? For those people, the Jaws game allows them to harpoon those poor sharks. Sad times. Still not enough shark games for you. Relax. There are lots more.
7. Eyes. This Slenderman-inspired game is scarier than the actual Slenderman. You know…if there was one. Tricky game play, so this flash game may take some practice.
8. Hangman. Sure, there are plenty of places to play Hangman online. This one is my fave, since it lets you choose different languages, and different word themes like sports, Harry Potter, beer, or Star Wars.
9. Hold on or Die. If it’s coming at you, SHOOT! I enjoy this flash game since it allows you to point and shoot with a mouse or track pad. Personally, I tend to suck at shooting games played solely on a keyboard.
10. Space Invaders. Some have called this the King of Video Games. Agree or not, shooting invaders from space is always a good way to spend your day. Don’t forget the trick to getting the last one—don’t shoot where it is, shoot where it’s going to be.
…Now, get back to work!…