Romance in decor style is one of the most artistic, feminine, and sensual ideas for interior design. Thanks to this, you can create the perfect atmosphere in your home.
How to Turn Your Home into a Romantic Place
Scientists have proven that our environment affects mood, mental health, and well-being. Moreover, it affects our relationship if you live with a partner. Therefore, it is important to create an atmosphere of comfort at home, where you will feel most comfortable. Our article will tell you about how to make the interior more romantic.
Features of Romantic Style
Of course, eclecticism can look stylish and beautiful, but we will concentrate on romance and exact accordance with this style. Therefore, it is important to know the main features that you must adhere to.
- Colors – white, delicate beige and gray, subtle pastel colors: pink, blue and yellow;
- Patterns – upholstery fabrics, accessories, and sheets in multi-colored colors, ornaments, and motifs are taken from the painting. Smooth curtains or thin strips, thin, airy fabrics that transmit light;
- Materials – on the floor parquet made of natural wood or whiteboard, painted white, furniture upholstered in light, smooth fabric or curved, for example, bleached steel, light, modern or aged;
- The main elements – a bed with a decorative headboard, soft pillows, bright colors, romantic trinkets. Do not overdo it with accessories so that they do not overload the interior.
Lucky Color Palette Of Romance
In a romantic interior, white and delicate shades of gray, as well as beautifully selected pastel shades, will be very useful. White color together with shades of pastel colors, floral motifs, as well as spacious, light muslin fabrics or home-like cozy materials, such as cotton. However, it is worth paying attention to excessive whiteness, so it is important to maintain harmony. Add some romance with beautiful and prominent details with vibrant color (pink, deep blue, or yellow would be a great choice).
Important Details Adding Sophistication
Of course, romance is flowers. Decorating the interior in a romantic style can also teem with motifs and patterns, mostly floral. In particular, roses and small floral decorations are suitable. The ideal option is a living bouquet of your favorite flowers, but constantly updating them does not always have the time and opportunity, and many people just feel sorry for the living plants. For such cases, there are artificial flowers that can be combined into bouquets or purchased one at a time. Beautiful curtains in a classic style or blinds in a modern style will be an excellent choice.
Furniture Suitable for Romance
For a charming, atmospheric location, white or snow-white stylish, rustic or retro furniture is best. A sentimental mood of romance will also be emphasized by stylized furniture, which may not be antiques. Today many companies produce replicas that can bring freshness to the interior. Bright, almost floating above the floor, the beds are ideal for a romantic mood. Ideally, if they have openwork, embossed, or carved elements.
When choosing a romantic bedroom, pay attention to the high bed and legs. A stylish wrought-iron bed is also suitable, which can be painted following the colors of the walls (white, gray, or beige in shades of wood).
Textiles and Bed Linen
Romantic style bedding collections are, first of all, those that are richly trimmed with lace. Therefore, it is important to skillfully divide the bedding set into the decorative part and the sleeping part. Decorating the bed with pillows, lace can be allowed. Do not forget about practicality and quality – a healthy sleep should be a top priority.
When you choose a bed, do not forget about all kinds of rugs and bedspreads – this is important because in a romantic bedroom the bed should be covered with many layers of bedding. A quilt on a decorative couch, a quilted cape or plaid, and pillows, but not too large. To add a bed of appeal, you need to decorate it properly, and a few decorative pillows of your favorite colors are the easiest way to do this.
Romance With Walls and Flooring
The best flooring is a whitewashed wooden floor with warm shades of natural wood that balances the coolness of white. In this color, the walls should be smooth or covered with wallpaper with subtle floral motifs.
Stylish Romantic Accessories
Much depends on the details. To bring harmony to a romantic interior, you need to pay attention to the important components and make some important changes. For example, there are several interesting options:
- A large mirror in a beautiful frame. In any room where there is a mirror, more space and light appears. Moreover, mirrors have some unusual attractive power and evoke a sense of mystery.
- Stylish vase signals romance. Not to distract attention from the flowers and not to make unnecessary bright accents, choose discrete colors, it is better to experiment with the form, materials, and, of course, do not forget about the general style of the interior.
- Elegant candlestick. Fire can create coziness, warm feelings, make the atmosphere warmer, and tune in a romantic mood.
- Warm and soft plaid. Firstly, it is beautiful, secondly, a plaid can play the role of a bedspread, and thirdly, it will be so nice to wrap up in it if it suddenly gets cold, especially together.
Yes, the interior and the visual component is important. But there are a few more details that will help create a perfect atmosphere of romance and comfort at home. After all, we perceive the world around us with the help of five senses, right? Therefore, pay attention to:
- Refined aroma. Your favorite smell will cheer you up, relax, soothe, and bring you joy. It can be scented candles, aroma lamps, or other options.
- A delight for the ears. You probably have your favorite music, right? Favorite compositions will help not only to make the romantic interior perfect but also to relax, distract from sad thoughts, and every day worries.
Thanks to our tips, you can create a romantic interior where you will feel most comfortable. We also recommend that you remember that if you do not live alone, you need to plan the interior according to the needs of your partner. Only by joint efforts can you achieve an idyll in your home.
Henry Thompson is a journalist who enjoys covering topics of home security and home renovation.
Over the course of his career, he has been contributing to various media publications, and now he is running the blog homenetrouter.com where he writes about healthy living, DIY, and home security.