For me, books are the best thing to be addicted to.
Those who are bookworms understand the amazing process of falling in love with a book not just once, but every time you get your hands on one.
Here are a few signs that you maybe head over heels for books:
- You feel weirdly at home when you go to a bookstore. There’s this familiar feeling whenever you step into a bookstore.
- You usually skip the prologue of a book…primarily because you’d rather see the climax of the plot unravel for yourself rather than potentially spoiling it with foreshadow.
- You’ve read books while taking a bath…because it’s relaxing and it makes the story so much more engaging.
- Librarians know you by name. You take frequent trips to the library because the books are free and endless. Plus, the quiet rule is a gift you really wish more people would follow.
- You were the kid in class that secretly got excited whenever you were assigned to read. Almost everyone in your English class would rather eat their own foot than read a book or even a passage in a book, which was why you may have had to keep your elation secret. But that didn’t stop you from doing that book report or enthusiastically volunteering to read that passage.
- You’ve nearly missed your stop because you had to finish that chapter. You become a certified bookworm when you’ve missed your stop on the train because if you didn’t at least finish the end of that chapter, it would bother you until you finish it.
- You’ve connected with your characters on a deep level. There’s always that character in a novel you just get. It’s why you grow obsessed with them…in a good way, of course.
- You love the smell of books. It’s almost like a high for you. Whether it’s a new book smell or an old book smell, you feel like you’ve entered a threshold.
- You have a peculiar taste for plot twists. You prefer a plot twist that blows your mind over one that is obviously done for shock value.
- You have a love/hate relationship with movies based on books…because on one hand, it’s great to see your favorite book on screen, but on the other…well, it’s Hollywood.
- Your genre is your life. Whatever genre (YA, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, etc) speaks to you, can also be a reflection of yourself and how you look at life. Which is why you take the books you read to heart.
- Some books you feel like you can write yourself. If you’ve ever read a book and thought I could write a way better story, than not only are you a bookworm, but you may also be a writer.
- You feel it when you give your books away. You know you’re doing a great service to the person who needs it, but at the same time, your books are your babies and it’s kind of hard to give them away.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s an e-reader or paperback…as long as it’s a book, you’re cool with it. But you’d rather have a paperback because it enhances the experience.