One thing I have started to notice about myself is that I am, for all intents and purposes, a very frugal person. 90% of my money is spent on food, while the remaining 10% is spent on necessary payments, like buying shampoo and conditioner.
However, last week my friends and I went shopping and I decided to break the trend a little bit. I decided to treat myself.
The fact that it was a rather rare occasion was what made it so special. If we were constantly treating ourselves to stuff then it wouldn’t be as wonderful as it is when it’s a rare occurrence. But there is much more to why should you treat yourself every once in a while.
- You’ll feel empowered
- It will make you proud
- You really do deserve it
- It relieves stress
- Your purchases will be that much more worth it
- You will be much more conscious of what you are purchasing
- Life is too short: eat the pizza (or buy the dress: whichever floats your boat)
- Your credit card needs exercise, too
- It is nice to remind yourself how much you are worth
- It will teach you lessons in how you wanted to be treated by others
- Life is a lot more fun when you throw in a shopping spree every now and then
- It kind of feels good to blow an entire paycheck on something that you don’t necessarily need – so long as it does not become a common trend
- It will teach you lessons on restricting yourself, but also splurging
- Nothing is better than walking through the door of your house, bags on bags on bags
- Aziz did it, so you should, too