The age-old question that every girl struggles with at some point in her life: are leggings pants? According to Merriam-Webster, pants can be defined as “an outer garment covering each leg separately and usually extending from the waist to the ankle.” Hmm…sounds like leggings fit that description to me, so can we end this debate now? Leggings are clearly here to stay!
However, I should make it clear that if these leggings are see-through, although they may still meet the definition of pants, they should not be worn as pants, come on now, use some common sense. And tan leggings…cuz those are just weird.
1. Skinny jeans are just as tight as leggings, and people don’t argue that they’re not pants.
2. At least when people bend over in leggings, you don’t run the risk of seeing everything exposed like you could in jeans.
3. And at least you can bend over in leggings.
4. Jeans are almost impossible to move in, how can they be qualified as pants?
5. The definition of “pants” does not specify that they have to be a certain fabric, therefore, leggings count.
6. Sweatpants are considered pants, and leggings definitely look less sloppy.
7. Like, you can wear nice leggings to work or when you go out…but you definitely could not wear sweatpants.
8. Just because they’re comfy does not mean they can’t be pants.
View this post on Instagram
If I can’t wear leggings, I’m not going. This might be my life motto. Want to know my top 5 legging picks? Head to my blog now (link in bio) to find out which 5 made my top pick. Here’s a hint, these pink beauties are on the list and 2 pairs of @lululemon. #activewear #sfblogger #sffitness #leggingsarepants
9. You can wear them to the gym and they count as pants there…
10. …so how does that change when you leave the gym?
11. If you think it’s because they’re too tight, again: skinny. jeans.
12. Besides, if you get distracted by how fitted leggings are, you should probably reevaluate your life.
View this post on Instagram
Body image issues, body dysmorphia (dysmorphic disorder),feeling uncomfortable just by working out in a sports bra, over analyzing pictures and not feeling confident at all..I have one/all of those thoughts couple times every single day. On the other side I realize that there are so many other things that I should be grateful for that go much more beyond my body. Lately, I have been really trying to take control over this and focus on my health within my body and mind, reminding myself that there is so much more than just a body image. • • • • • #gym #workout #fitness #motivation #fitfam #fitspo #bodybuilding #girlswholift #healthy #gains #aesthetics #bodydysmorphia #nutrition #physique #leggings #gymwear #fitnessmotivation #fit #getfit #workoutmotivation #exercise #training #gymmotivation #bodyimage #betterbodies #betterbodieslifestyle #reachyourgoals #strongerthanyesterday #motivationalquotes