1. Life isn’t technically a competition
Only because most people don’t really care what you do.
2. But that doesn’t keep you from treating it like one
So what if the Joneses don’t care what you do? You’re still going to destroy them with one hell of a victory when all is said and done.
3. There’s no such thing as a prize for participation
Who even thought this one up?
4. Because you’re either a winner or you’re not
"Loser” isn’t a nice word, but let’s be real…if you’re not a winner, you’re probably a loser.
5. Your friends and family are your biggest fans…
They’ll cheer you on and build you up.
6. …And your biggest competitors
It doesn’t matter if you’re in the same race or not, you still want to beat them.
7. But if you compete too hard, you might lose them
So maybe you don’t always need to vocalize whether you’re winning or losing.
8. It’s important to celebrate others’ successes
Because a win for them doesn’t equal a loss for you (even when it feels like it!)
9. And mourn their losses
Because nobody likes losing, even non-competitive people.
10. And try to make friends along the way
Teamwork makes the dream work, after all.
11. When everything is a competition, it’s hard not to take things personally
You know you’d have a hard time faking that congratulatory smile when the Oscar goes to someone else.
12. But it’s important to remember that most things aren’t
Just because some else is good doesn’t mean you’re not.
13. Competition is the worst part of life…
When you let it get to your head.
14. …And the best part of life
Because winning is still the best feeling, am I right?
15. You know you can’t really be the best at everything
Because you’re human and, therefore, fallible (sorry).
16. But you’re still going to try
The fastest way to lose is not to try at all.
17. You’ll beat yourself up when you fail
But you’ve got to stop this.
18. And you might be hard to handle when you win
Even though they say joy is infectious.
19. But your friends will be by your side
Because they’ve got your back no matter what.
20. And in the end, you kind of win just by living
Cause there’s a lot of forces out there trying to defeat us humans, and every day you survive is a day you win.