Like deciding to cut your own bangs or chasing a tequila shot with hot sauce, we all do things we regret. And texting a fuckboy back is no different. I know you thought at first he was a sweetheart and that he was really “so different than how everyone said he’d be,” but that only lasted so long, didn’t it? He showed you his true red, white, and douchecanoe colors faster than you can say his name. So instead of falling for his games again, here’s 10 ways to avoid texting that fuckboy back.
1. Text your girls instead, grab some masks, nail polish, A LOT of wine, hit up the Netflix and binge Rom Coms all night. Not to get all ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ on you, but you’re a beautiful, intelligent, kick ass girl who doesn’t deserve to be played with by a perpetual man-child.
2. Read a kickass series that’ll take away all temptation from texting him and shift it towards self-care. My favorite– Fifty Shades of Grey. It’ll take the temptation and redirect it to a love story worth reading and may fulfill a certain sexual aspect of your temptation… instead of giving it all to that useless fuckboy.
3. Two words: Retail Therapy. Don’t go overboard and max out any credit cards (ain’t nobody got time for that) but set aside some cash and go out to your favorite stores and put together a new outfit. You deserve it.
4. After you buy yourself some brand new Nikes from your retail therapy, take a walk, enjoy some tunes and get back to nature. Listen to some sultry Amy Winehouse, Adele, or India Arie and become one with nature. Put your phone on do not disturb so you won’t even think about texting him. And don’t forget to breathe out all the negativity this fuckboy has caused you.
5. Nothing says ‘you’re gonna regret this’ to a fuckboy like a killer revenge bod. Looking and feeling like a million bucks is so much better than sending a stupid text to a stupid boy. Set up a home gym, get some resistance bands, take up boxing, try Pilates and take out some anger and channel into becoming healthier.
6. Take on a new hobby. In my battle to get over a fuckboy I took up writing. I tried my hand at writing a love story, blogging, creative writing and even coloring. To be honest, it’s extremely therapeutic and relaxing and allows you to escape. Try something new! (Side note: Drinking is not a hobby) (And neither is texting).
7. Get out and meet new people. Regardless if you’re looking for a relationship, new group of friends or just want a change of scenery (that includes zero fuckboys) it’s nice to get out and meet new people. Dress up in that new outfit you just bought, sit down at a bar or go clubbing and dance the night away. Huge stress reliever and who knows you may meet Mr. Right or the perfect stranger to be friends with. Then you can text them instead!!
These next ones are probably the most important, so please bear with me.
8. Let yourself feel and own your emotions. If you’re pissed, be pissed, sad? Cry it out. Let yourself feel your emotions. But don’t text him. Take the time to self-reflect and understand that it’s undoubtedly not you, it’s just that he was a raging fuckboy, and get back to being a boss ass bitch. While you’re at it, go on a social media frenzy cleanse of your exes. You don’t need that type of negativity in your life.
9. Reinvent yourself. Do things you love to do. For me, it was writing and playing instruments. Small accomplishments and triumphs are actually huge life wins. You’ll feel undeniably great and you’ll learn more about yourself, life, and love by doing so. And in the process you’ll forget all about that tiny fuckboy.
10. And always be patient with yourself. While this may not be an out-right break up with said fuckboy; you need to understand that healing doesn’t take a day. Understanding and knowing your self-worth is vital and even more so; you need to recognize that you are human and you are better than to respond to that text.
You got this!
For more like this, check out our Facebook Page!