It happens every year. You make plans for “the best summer ever” in May, lounge around in June, party a little too hard in July & then BAM. August rolls around, and the Sunday of summer leaves you with regrets of the summer that passed you by & you didn’t take advantage of.
Here are 11 things you can do this Labor Day weekend that will make you feel like you still did summer right:
1. A water balloon fight. Childish? Maybe. But that’s the point. Summer is an ode to the school years when this was your freedom & running around chasing your friends with the thrill of getting hit with a water balloon? Sounds like summer to me.
2. Read a book outside in the park. Sure, nothing beats cozying up under the blankets on the couch in the fall with a good read, but an outdoor book sesh can’t be beat. Find a tree with lots of shade, pack a little snack (and maybe a bottle of Rose) and call it a day.
3. Go on a bike ride. This may seem simple, but I would put money many of us still have our wheels collecting dust in the garage.
4. Grill a burger. Or better yet, host a BBQ. Nothing says summer like the smell of a full grill & a few charred weenies.
5. Get a pedicure. Your toes thirst to be seen! And truly, they’re kept hidden year-round until summer sandals are your staple. Those little piggies need to look their best.
6. Create a “Summer playlist”. Even if you don’t listen to it. Go through your recently played from the past few months (hello Old Town Road!) and combine them for the ultimate “Summer Jams” list. In a few months you’ll be glad you did Even if you were lame all summer, these tunes will bring you back to the sunshine days.
7. Buy the perfect summer dress. Nothing says summer like twirling around in the warm sun and a flowing dress.
8. Post up poolside. Can’t make it to the Hamptons? Us either, girlfriend. But find a neighborhood pool or find a kiddie pool on clearance & relax your legs in the cool water.
9. Road trip to visit an old friend that moved away. If you have the financial means, make a spontaneous trip to visit your friend you’ve been meaning to visit. Summer always brings plans that end up getting canceled…don’t let this happen.
10. Turn off Netflix. For real, how much of your summer months did you spend watching the Orange is the New Black or seeing what all the Ozarks fuss was all about? Binging can wait until it gets cold outside.
11. Lighten up your hair. Even if the trend is to go “dark” for the fall with your locks; go against the norm & throw in some blonde highlights & feel like a summer beach bum.