We’ve all got this perfect person written up in our heads. Maybe we won’t admit to having them, but I think it’s past time to admit that they’re there and we shouldn’t have to settle for someone who has none of their qualities. I have a few shallow things like appearance, but looks don’t really matter to me. So I’m not going to list them, maybe another time? 😉
You may know that I've had my heart ripped to pieces recently. But I'm starting to get better, and I decided to write myself a list. A list to check through with my next chance. I'm not going to let the same thing happen again. I'm doing this to keep myself honest, I'm not going to lie about what's important to me, and I'm not going to change it for anyone.
I’m looking for someone special, someone who fits my criteria in a very certain way.
1. I need a nerd so I’m not alone in my geek outs.
2. He needs to have a smell that sticks with me after a hug. I can't explain my reasoning but for some odd reason it makes me feel loved, like I have physical pieces of him to carry with me until I see him again.
3. He needs to be soft on the inside with a hard exterior that he’ll give me the key to when both of us are ready. This comes with an understanding that even though my life might seems pretty vanilla I have walls for a reason and they’re hard to let down.
4. He needs an artist's soul, one that’s not afraid to admit he thinks about death in depth and ponders what would happen if you ate only potato’s and shrimp for three months.
5. He needs a philosopher's mind so I have someone to question the universe with. Curiosity didn’t kill the cat, it gave it nine lives.
6. He needs an old heart that isn't afraid to love deeply.
7. His views about my cat should be as follows “The cat and the girl are a package deal, so I will love the cat with equal affection.”
8. He needs to get that I can be really moody, and when I am he should know to just bring me food and snuggle with me, or to just rub my neck because stress is killing me.
9. He should accept that I can be territorial of my things, which after a certain time will include him. It doesn’t mean that he can’t speak to other people, it just means that any girl flirting with him is subject to being immediately shut down by me in the least painful way possible.
10. He needs to understand that I don’t like crowds and even if I can walk them confidently on my own, if he’s with me I will try to hide behind him because I don’t like being near random people.
11. He needs to know that my heart has been splintered and that I don’t mind waiting for him to heal his own wounds as long I can be by his side while I heal mine.
12. He has to understand that I have a love hate relationship with shopping, it depends on who I’m with and what I’m looking for.
13. He needs to be a bit broken, but willing to heal.
14. I’ve got some crazy sides and I want him to know every single one. I need him to have some oddities of his own, because they're the most fun to learn. Most of all he needs to be able to cope with my crazy.
15. I’ll embrace some of his hobbies and others I’d rather watch or do something else. It’s not against him I’m just particular, and I’m willing to find something else to do together. And if I don’t pick up a certain video game, or fantasy football I don’t want you to try to convince me to pick it up.
16. I need someone who will promise to be by my side, and mean it.
17. I need someone who will say the words “I Love You’ and really mean it.
18. I need someone who will help me pick up my pieces and glue them back together.
19. I need someone who will let me love them.