Tis’ the season…for pumpkin everything. Some people (me being one) get excited for this time of the year. While others roll their eyes and say oh no not again.
Now I am a pumpkin lover but I will admit that the pumpkin epidemic has gone to far. So this is my take on all the pumpkin things out there, good and bad. Hope you enjoy.
- Pumpkin coffee. Yes please, in fact I’ll take 2 cups, or ten. I have tried different brands and for the most part they are all good. Dunkin Donuts has my top vote for best pumpkin coffee.
- Pumpkin spice creamer. Again a big yes. Bailey’s pumpkin spice is my favorite but I do enjoy other brands as well. It even works good in hot chocolate.
- Pumpkin spice cheerios. Sounds strange but I gave it a whirl. Not to bad. Had a good pumpkin taste and made the milk good after. I vote yes to this.
- Pumpkin spice Oreo. First does Oreo really have to turn every food into an Oreo? I was a little iffy about these and for good reason. They aren’t really good. Not a big pumpkin flavor to it and a bit of a strange after taste. Won’t buy again.
- Pepperidge Farm pumpkin cheesecake cookies. YES PLEASE. Hands down one of the best pumpkin cookies I ever had. No bad after taste and they are very soft. The downside is they are a bit on the pricey side. Side note, they also make other flavors that are great.
- Pumpkin Pop-tarts. These were quite strange. They were good but did have a bit of an after taste to them. I enjoyed them but it’s not something I will buy often. I’ll admit if you toast them (I typically don’t toast my pop-tarts) they do taste close to a pumpkin pie.
- Quaker pumpkin oatmeal. Now I love a nice bowl of warm oatmeal on a cold morning and I love this kind. It has a great pumpkin flavor, not to strong and no bad after taste. Thanks Quaker.
- Pumpkin spice Mini Wheats. No thank you. To me this just taste like cardboard. No flavor at all. Sorry Mini Wheats but this was a big fail.
- Jell-o pumpkin spice pudding. I actually haven’t tried this yet but I heard it’s really good. Has a nice pumpkin flavor. It’s definitely on my to try list.
- Pumpkin Hershey Kisses. I was so excited when I heard of this. But let’s be honest, pumpkin chocolate really doesn’t sound good. It wasn’t. To me it taste like cinnamon chocolate and left a bad after taste in my mouth.
- Sam Adams pumpkin ale. Again I haven’t tried this. And to be honest I’m a little scared to try it. I have heard mixed reviews on it. Another for my to try list.
- Pumpkin pie Pringles. No, bad Pringles. Don’t try it, sounds gross and is gross. A million thumbs down to this.
- Pumpkin spice marshmallows. Why on earth would anyone want this? Yes I had to try them and yes I regret it. Pumpkin and marshmallow do not mix in my opinion.
- M&Ms pumpkin spice latte. Yes please, I’ll take two bags. Now I know what you’re thinking, you said the Hershey Kisses were gross why should I try this? I’ll tell you, M&Ms did something right. They taste like a pumpkin latte and don’t have a bad after taste.
- Chobani pumpkin yogurt. I already have a thing against greek yogurt, gross. Why did I try this? I couldn’t swallow it. Two thumbs down and never again.
- Pumpkin cream cheese. Okay yes it sounds gross. Guess what, it’s so good. I’ll take a spoon and a tub please. It was really good on crackers as well.
- Pumpkin ice cream. Again just give me a tub and a spoon and I’m happy. In my opinion Turkey Hill has the best one. But so far I’m pleased will all the ones I tried. It’s even better on top of pumpkin pie.
- Extra pumpkin spice gum. Okay now this is one I don’t want to try. Pumpkin and gum, no thank you. I’ll stick to pumpkin I can eat not just chew.
- Crest pumpkin toothpaste. Yes this is real and no I will never try it. Toothpaste should not be mixed with food. I want my mouth to be minty fresh after brushing, not pumpkin fresh.
- Pumpkin spice Fudge Stripes. Keebler did a good thing here. Not a strong pumpkin taste to them but good. The only downside to them is you can’t eat to many as they are on the sweeter side.
- Pumpkin butter. Yes. Now I am a butter lover and I love trying flavored butter as well. I’ll admit I ate this straight from the spoon.
- Pumpkin doughnuts. Okay I’ll be honest here I have had some that were good and some that were bad. It all comes down to personal preference here. My favorite was from Tastycake.
I love pumpkin and get super excited for pumpkin season but come one some people have taken pumpkin to far. I know there’s a lot more pumpkin flavored items out there that I haven’t seen or heard of.
I’m thinking of writing a part two list soon, so if there is something you know of that I didn’t list let me know.