Friends are so important to our lives. They’re the family we’ve chosen, the souls we connect to the most, the people who are there when everything comes crashing down. Each friend means something special to us. Some have been with us forever, and some are brand new.
Chances are we have many different types of friends, who connect to us through a unique perspective. The sign soul sister is special, because whether you believe in astrology or not, you have to admit, you two share much more than other people do:
1. She understands where you’re coming from. Your minds work in a similar way, so you don’t have to spend too much time explaining what you mean. She gets it, because the way you express yourself is very close to how she expresses herself.
2. And empathy is easy for her. Who better to identify with us than the person who gets our unique experience the most? She can vicariously live through you, get mad for you, be sad for you, and help out with tough spots, because all she has to do is wonder what she would do.
3. She knows if she vents to you, you’ll instantly get it. You’re definitely not going to be the friend who’s all like look on the bright side, because you know that would irritate the hell out of you if somebody else said it. Instead, you understand exactly what she’s going through and are able to grasp it in every minute detail.
4. Especially if it’s about boys. Ugh, the things you two have gone through with the guys. Time and time again, they always manage to make the same mistakes.
5. Because don’t the two of you always attract the same type of guy? It’s eerie but true – You both seem to have the same type, zodiac wise. He’s always an emotional Pisces, or an affable Aquarius. Maybe he’s a fiery Leo. Whatever he is, he seems to pop up again and again.
6. You deal with breakups in the same way. You both have a routine down pat. It varies, but usually goes something like phase 1: Ice cream and PJs. Phase 2: Get drunk and dance on bars. Phase 3: More of phase 2. Phase 4: Recognize how much you’ve healed Phase 5: Meet new guy.
7. And you have corresponding drinking habits. You go through phases together. Last month it was drink vodka until you fall down. This month it’s drink wine until you fall down. You’re very well rounded.
8. Granted, your faults are the same too. Maybe you’re both super stubborn, so if you’re in an argument you don’t really let the other person get a word in. Or something.
9. But that makes it so much easier to forgive and forget. It’s like looking in a mirror, and I don’t know about you, but it’s pretty hard to be mad at myself for very long.
10. At the end of the day, she’s really one of your soulmates. You and her are simpatico, you’re sisters from another mister, you’re, you know, all that good stuff. Cherish her, because she’s probably the closest thing to a twin you’ll ever get.