It doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to be emotional. Just that your emotions are...sometimes displaced. You seem to either digest stuff at a slower rate than others, or just in your own unique way.
It can be misinterpreted by others as being cold, but you definitely feel all the feelings. They just come out in weird ways, and sometimes at very weird times. It can take a toll on your loved ones, but ultimately, they know that you mean well, and are used to your odd shenanigans at times.
- Tears come at the wrong time. You might be babysitting, or watching a funny movie with your parents, or at the supermarket...
- You have a signature holding-back-tears-at-the-wrong-time face.
- When they're supposed to come at the right time, however, you're stone-faced.
- At funerals and post-traumatic situations, people have said more than a handful of times in order to not make you feel shitty: "we handle grief in various ways."
- You use texting or phone distractions as a remedy when you feel emotionally uncomfortable, which can make you seem like an asshole.
- You're not that great at receiving gifts; people think you hate it but you don't, you're just bad at the overly-ecstatic-and-bursting-with-joy-from-this-gift face.
- You've been called out for not saying I love you enough.
- But you really are grateful, even though it's hidden under the surface.
- People are used to the robotic response of "I'm fine" when they ask you if you're ok, even if you're clearly not.
- You're bad at comforting other people.
- People confuse your normal thinking face for negative emotion.
- You expect people to read your mind half the time, but revert to the "I'm fine" mode when they ask.
- You've been accused of being dishonest but its more due to just repressing emotions and being scared to express them.
- There is always a fear that comes with drinking and the potential meltdown which you've held in for ages.
- The bubbling up of misdirected anger. Either your barista, or your friend who just called to check up on you might catch the brunt of it.